Magnesium contributes to:
- Normal functioning of the nervous system and muscles
- Energy-yielding metabolism
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Electrolyte balance
- Normal protein synthesis
- The maintenance of normal bones and teeth
Key functions of magnesium:
– Calms the immune system – less inflammation
– Reduces nerves hypersensitivity – less pain & muscle tension
– Calms brain activity – calmer thinking, less stress/anxiety/depression, better sleep
- Helps make energy
- Supports bone health
This is a stand-alone product but can be prescribed part of the CORE 4 range for chronic patients with One a Day Multi Essential for higher dose B6 & vitamin D3/K2 sublingual.
Dose: x1/3 daily (450 mg total), some patients may need an additional capsule giving 600 mg total daily.
Most common side effect is loose bowels – if this occurs advice patient to stop, wait for bowels to normalise, then re-start x1 daily for 3-4 days then increase to x1/2 daily.
Some patients who react to magnesium citrate may tolerate a different form of magnesium but often they react to all forms.
Patient with a history of reactions to supplements/medications should start with x1 daily and slowly increase slowly to x1/3 daily over a week. Suitable for vegans.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]